User Privacy Statement
Hype (hereinafter, referred to as Website/APP) is owned, managed, and operated by Hype TECHNOLOGIES (hereinafter, referred to as Company or We or Us or Our), a limited company incorporated in INDIA with the registered address at Hype Technologies, Regus Embassy Golf Links 1 st Floor, Pine Valley, Embassy Golf Links Business Park Off Intermediate Ring Road, Domlur, Bengaluru- 560071
You are hereby informed that Hype always collects information about you and your device data when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively called as the "services" here onwards) and through various interactions and communications with us. If you reside in India, the services that are provided by Hype and its partners or affiliated programs or entities, and also this Privacy Statement applies without prejudice to all of the information collected and used by Hype. If you reside outside India, the services mentioned herewith are not provided by Hype but the Privacy Statement being mentioned here would still apply to information collected and used by Hype.
This Policy and Our privacy practices in pursuance thereof are consistent with the relevant provisions contained under Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (hereinafter, referred to as Rules).
By using this Website/App or any features thereof, you understand, acknowledge, and agree to the clauses and sub-clauses contained hereunder. In case you do not agree to any of the following clause(s) or sub-clause(s), you understand, acknowledge and agree that your sole remedy against the Company is the cessation of further use of this Website/App
This Privacy Statement (here onwards called as "Statement") applies to persons anywhere in the world that use our apps or services to request transportation (called as "Users" here onwards). This Statement may not apply to information that we collect from or about drivers, vehicles, partner transportation companies, or any other persons who use Hype platform under their prevailing and valid transportation license (collectively "Agents"). If you interact with the services as both a User and Agent, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions accordingly.
We do not collect any Sensitive Personal Data or Information, as defined under Rule 3 of the Rules, from any user of this Website/App. In the event you provide a feedback to our website/App or leave a testimonial for Us, We shall treat all the personally identifiable information contained in such feedback/testimonial in accordance with the provisions contained herein.
All Your personally identifiable information collected is kept confidential and never shared with, or sold to, or otherwise commercially traded with, any third party without your prior express written consent.
We as a Technology platform collect information that you provide to us, eg., when you create a new account or modify your existing account, request transport services, contact customer care of respective Agents, or otherwise communicate with us in any manner. This type of interaction may contain information that may include: your name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested, feedback/notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Whenever you use the services for our transportation, we collect precise location data about the trip through the Hype app. If you permit Hype app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (called as "platform" here onwards), we also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Our services facilitate communications between App users and Agents/drivers. In connection with this service, we may receive call data, date and time of call or SMS, phone numbers, and content of the SMS wherever possible.
Whenever you interact with our services, we may collect server logs, which may include information such as your device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
If you wish you can permit Hype app to access the address book/Contacts on your device. This can be done through the permission system used by your mobile platform settings, and we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate recommendations or social interactions through our services as described in this Statement and this information will not be used/shared outside the scope for any commercial purposes.
Usually mobile platforms have well defined structure or setup that prevents access to data without user consent. And these platforms have different permission systems configured for get your consent. For example the apple iOS platform will alert you the first time the Hype app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you provide your consent (or not consent) to that request. Same way, Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Hype app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. However, the permissions we request will change over time, so we've created these useful sections to serve as up-to-date resources for our users.
For your information, we may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our services. For instance:
For your information, we may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our services. For instance:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Hype account with a payment provider (e.g., digital wallets) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- When you request on demand services, our Agents may provide us with a user rating after providing services to you.
- To provide, maintain, and improve our services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services that you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Agents, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages
- To perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- To facilitate communications between you and a Agent/Driver, times of arrival (ETAs)
- To send you communications that we think will be of interest to you, including information about our products, services, promotions, news, and events of Hype and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards
- To personalize and improve the services, including to provide or recommend newer features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this section to, and process and store it in, other countries, which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Regardless, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
- With Agents/Drivers to enable them to provide the services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), average user rating given to Drivers, and pickup and/or drop-off locations
- With other/third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our services that are viewable by anybody
- With Hype subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data analytics, centralization and / or logistics purposes
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hype its users or others
- In response to a request for information (if any) by a competent legal authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal requirements
- In connection with any negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company
- In an aggregated and/or anonymous form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
The services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
You can correct your account related information at any time by logging into in-app account. In case if you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by local law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For example, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue legally before deleting your information.
Hype will comply with requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law. We request your permission for our app's collection of precise location from your device as per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you have initially permitted the collection of this information, you can always disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this may limit your ability to use certain features of our services. Additionally, disabling the app's collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to collect your trip location information from your trip History on the App itself
We may also request your permission for our app's collection and syncing of contact information from your device along with the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may wish to opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions from your telephone service provider or from us as mentioned in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as transactional ones like those about your account, about services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
We change this statement from time to time. And in case if we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the statement, we will provide you notice through the services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the services after such notice means your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com or write us at Hype Technologies official address that you can find on our website.
Effective Date: January 15th 2017
The non-European Union (EU) users can refuse to accept the cookies from this Website/App by managing the Browser/Settings options and/or preferences. However, for efficient use and enjoy all the features of this Website/App, We strongly advise against refusing the cookies from Our Website (website users only)
Pursuant to Directive 2009/136/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009 amending Directive 2002/22/EC on universal service and users rights relating to electronic communications networks and services, Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector and Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 on cooperation between national authorities responsible for the enforcement of consumer protection laws; if You belong to any of the EU countries, You are required to accept the cookies from Our Website by clicking Yes on the Dialogue Box that appears when We want to deposit a cookie on Your computer system.
We use non-personally identifiable information to improve the layout and content of Our Website/App, provide you with customised advertisements, analyse the Website/App usage, and enhance your overall experience of using this Website/App
All such non-personally identifiable information so collected is kept confidential and never shared with, or sold to, or otherwise commercially traded with, any third party without your prior express written consent. However, we may share all or part of such non-personally identifiable information with trusted third party providers, advertisers and/or suppliers who work on our behalf in order to provide you with efficient and timely services. However, all such third party providers, advertisers and/or suppliers are under appropriate burden of confidentiality not to share, disclose, or independently use any of the non-personally identifiable information so collected.
This Website/App may also contain links to third-party websites belonging to our promoters, advertisers, affiliates, partners, agents, etc. The presence of these links on this Website does not, in any way, signify our endorsement of such linked websites. In fact, we do not review, control or monitor the privacy practices and/or content of such third party websites.
"Pixel tags" (also called beacons or pixels in general) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including for example: device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, and other similar information, including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device. These Pixels provide us the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the exclusive permission of the domain owner. "Local storage" refers generally to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored by websites, ads, or third parties (like, HTML5 local storage and browser cache). "Software Development Kits" (also called SDKs globally) function like pixels and cookies, but operate in the mobile app context where pixels and cookies cannot always function. The primary app developer can install pieces of code (the SDK) from partners in the app, and thereby allow the partner to collect certain information about user interaction with the app and information about the user device and network information.
We have deployed certain physical and procedural safeguards to ensure that only authorised personnel have access to the data so collected from the users of this Website/App. However, due to peculiar nature of the Internet and ever-evolving technology, we cannot ensure foolproof security from unauthorised access to sensitive data stored on our servers.
This Policy shall not be applicable under any of the following circumstances; and consequently, the following disclosures of personally and non-personally identifiable information shall be out of the purview of the provisions contained herein:
- Disclosure to any of the government agencies in compliance with legal obligations of the Company. However, such government agencies shall be under legislative obligation not to publish or share any information so obtained with any other person; or
- Any unlawful or unauthorised access to, and transmissions of, personally identifiable information from this Website; or
- Disclosure of any information by the user himself/herself on Message Boards, Public Forums, Blogs, Social Networking websites, or any other publicly accessible online or offline media; or
- Disclosure of such information as an asset on account of sale, part sale, merger, acquisition of this Website to a third party or similar arrangement, which requires such disclosure to a third party; or
- Disclosure in order to protect and defend the rights and interests of the Company, users of this Website, and any contracted third party; or
- Disclosure to internal or external auditors appointed by the Company in order to investigate the complaints of fraud, irregularities, etc.
If you still have privacy concerns or want to send suggestions, please contact us through any of the following modes. It shall be our endeavour to address all your concerns about your privacy on this App/Website.
Copyright © 2020
Hype Luxury Made in India